Sunday, 9 October 2016

Beginning to learn to ride again.....

Saturday 8th October 2016

Frustrated after weeks on sick following surgery to my wrist I needed to ride!!! I had surgery on my left wrist two weeks ago and of course riding was impossible. Mixed with the pain before surgery meant I hadn't ridden properly in ages.

Anyway, stitches out on the 7th and after speaking to physio the advise was - "if it hurts stop doing it!" So a return to two wheels called,

I need to build up my long distance riding experience once again, so embarked on my longest ride since buying the bike.


I'd intended to include the motorcycle mecca of the St.Just - St.Ives road but my wrist was in agony by the time I turned home. Anyway, my route....


Truro


Meanporth


Helford Passage


Helford Passage


Helford Passage


River Helford


Helford River


Riding through the woods at Gweek


Gweek



Gweek


Goonhilly Downs


Pasty time at the Lizard. Tip for fellow travelers - the pasties down there are big, but that's the only good point. The service was slow, the pasties microwaved so much they were tastelss and way too expensive



Lizard Point


Lizard Point


Lizard Point


Lizard Point


Lizard Point


Lizard Point


Lizard Point


Twitchers at Lizard Point



Lizard Point



Porthleven


Porthleven - looking towards the Kinsey Mines


Looking west towards Kinsey


Newlyn


Newlyn



Newlyn


Newlyn

Mousehole

Mousehole


Logan's Rock and Porthcurno


Porthcurno


Sennen


Brilliant day. BUT

Mental note to self. Need to rest wrist. Just had wrist surgery and 24 hours later my wrist still feels like it needs to be chopped off!!!


All text and images that appear on this Blog (and other blogs / websites associated with Claire Stocker) are owned under copyright by Claire Stocker 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment